Man attempts Guinness record at Navy Pier Ferris wheel
May 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A record-breaking Ferris wheel ride is planned at Navy Pier, and that means you could ride for free.
Clinton Shepherd, the park's operation manager, hopes to get into the Guinness World Records Book by riding the Ferris wheel for 48 hours. The current record for the longest marathon on a fairground or theme park attraction is 30 hours and 35 seconds.
Shepherd plans to board the Ferris wheel at 2:30 p.m. Friday. Fans of the Ferris wheel can hitch a ride with Shepherd for free overnight, from10 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday and from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 6 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 5 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member 37 min ago
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence 35 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
6 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
5 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
14 min ago