Man attempts Guinness record at Navy Pier Ferris wheel
May 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A record-breaking Ferris wheel ride is planned at Navy Pier, and that means you could ride for free.
Clinton Shepherd, the park's operation manager, hopes to get into the Guinness World Records Book by riding the Ferris wheel for 48 hours. The current record for the longest marathon on a fairground or theme park attraction is 30 hours and 35 seconds.
Shepherd plans to board the Ferris wheel at 2:30 p.m. Friday. Fans of the Ferris wheel can hitch a ride with Shepherd for free overnight, from10 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday and from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home