Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
May 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three men are dead after several shootings across Chicago to start the weekend.
Police say one man was killed in a shooting on the city's South Side in the Chatham neighborhood.
On the West Side Austin neighborhood, police say a 40-year-old man was shot and killed.
At least ten other people were wounded in shootings elsewhere in the city, including three people on the South Side.
One of the shootings took place near Roosevelt and South Kolin Avenue, where three people were seriously injured. Police say one of the three victims, a 27-year-old woman, was shot in the face and was hospitalized in grave condition Saturday evening. The other victims were shot in the back and the arm.
No arrests had been made as of 5 p.m. Saturday.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 47 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia 51 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
48 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
47 min ago