Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
May 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Three men are dead after several shootings across Chicago to start the weekend.
Police say one man was killed in a shooting on the city's South Side in the Chatham neighborhood.
On the West Side Austin neighborhood, police say a 40-year-old man was shot and killed.
At least ten other people were wounded in shootings elsewhere in the city, including three people on the South Side.
One of the shootings took place near Roosevelt and South Kolin Avenue, where three people were seriously injured. Police say one of the three victims, a 27-year-old woman, was shot in the face and was hospitalized in grave condition Saturday evening. The other victims were shot in the back and the arm.
No arrests had been made as of 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos