Panetta Memorial Day Parade's grand marshal
May 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former defense secretary and CIA director Leon Panetta is coming to Chicago to lead this year's Memorial Day Parade as Grand Marshal.
Panetta will also take part in the wreath laying ceremony at the eternal flame on Daley Plaza.
The parade is one of the largest Memorial Day parades in the nation.
The parade steps off at noon next Saturday along State Street.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in
- Driver questioned in deadly Skokie crash 50 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Amputee Coalition camp builds support for youth
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas