Ryan Harris murder: Harris cousin Shaneda Lawrence fatally shot in Chicago's Ryan Harris Park
May 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The ghost of one of Chicago's most infamous murders was revived by another killing.
A relative of a child murdered 15 years ago was killed at a park Saturday in what appears to be a random shooting.
A crowd gathered to remember 30-year-old Shaneda Lawrence at the park where Lawrence was killed. Ironically, the park is named for her murdered relative Ryan Harris; in 1998 11-year-old Harris was found raped and murdered.
Lawrence was shot as relatives were at the park Saturday after the funeral of another family member. "This isn't just about my family. This could have been anybody's family in this park. It just so happened to have been my cousin that makes it extremely devastating," Ryan Harris' mother Sabrina Harris said.
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 32 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978 54 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- ABC 7 to Go April 23, 2014
37 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos