Ryan Harris murder: Harris cousin Shaneda Lawrence fatally shot in Chicago's Ryan Harris Park
May 19, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The ghost of one of Chicago's most infamous murders was revived by another killing.
A relative of a child murdered 15 years ago was killed at a park Saturday in what appears to be a random shooting.
A crowd gathered to remember 30-year-old Shaneda Lawrence at the park where Lawrence was killed. Ironically, the park is named for her murdered relative Ryan Harris; in 1998 11-year-old Harris was found raped and murdered.
Lawrence was shot as relatives were at the park Saturday after the funeral of another family member. "This isn't just about my family. This could have been anybody's family in this park. It just so happened to have been my cousin that makes it extremely devastating," Ryan Harris' mother Sabrina Harris said.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 24 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 38 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 33 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 6 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
33 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos