Desiree Rogers named chair of 'Choose Chicago' tourism board
May 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Desiree Rogers is taking over a prominent Chicago tourism position.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel will appoint her chair of the "Choose Chicago" board, for which Roger will focus on marketing and advertising the city nationwide and around the world to help meet the mayor's goal of 50 million tourists.
Rogers is the CEO of Johnson Publishing Company, which is best known for Ebony and Jet magazines.
Previously, she was social secretary for President Obama's administration.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus