Desiree Rogers named chair of 'Choose Chicago' tourism board
May 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Desiree Rogers is taking over a prominent Chicago tourism position.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel will appoint her chair of the "Choose Chicago" board, for which Roger will focus on marketing and advertising the city nationwide and around the world to help meet the mayor's goal of 50 million tourists.
Rogers is the CEO of Johnson Publishing Company, which is best known for Ebony and Jet magazines.
Previously, she was social secretary for President Obama's administration.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 52 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 42 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 21 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 52 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 15 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
17 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
43 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
39 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos