Water main break impacts businesses in Skokie
A water main break impacted some businesses in Skokie.
In one incident, water gushed from inside a utility room at the Barnes and Noble store at Touhy and Central.
Water had to be shut off to the area affecting several businesses including a Chipotle and a Corner Bakery Café.
The Skokie Fire Department estimates several hundred gallons of water a minute were flowing out of that main.
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs 17 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 25 min ago
- Accident closes Chicago Skyway inbound lanes, 5 injured 12 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 13 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs 7 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths 8 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest 11 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 53 min ago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
25 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city,...
17 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
13 min ago
- Man sues, alleging victimization by...
11 min ago