CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
May 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning commuters about a recent increase in robberies on CTA trains and platforms in the Loop.
The suspect steals iPhones and purses with force or the threat of force, according to a community alert issued by police.
Robberies have been reported at train stations in the 200-block of South State Street, the 100-block of North Wabash Avenue and the 100-block of South Dearborn Street.
Chicago police advise CTA passengers to be aware of surroundings, to report suspicious activity immediately and to remain on the scene after an incident when possible.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 6 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say 26 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
6 min ago