CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
May 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning commuters about a recent increase in robberies on CTA trains and platforms in the Loop.
The suspect steals iPhones and purses with force or the threat of force, according to a community alert issued by police.
Robberies have been reported at train stations in the 200-block of South State Street, the 100-block of North Wabash Avenue and the 100-block of South Dearborn Street.
Chicago police advise CTA passengers to be aware of surroundings, to report suspicious activity immediately and to remain on the scene after an incident when possible.
- Refinery fire after possible explosion
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary 5 min ago
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- 7 in :77