CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
May 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are warning commuters about a recent increase in robberies on CTA trains and platforms in the Loop.
The suspect steals iPhones and purses with force or the threat of force, according to a community alert issued by police.
Robberies have been reported at train stations in the 200-block of South State Street, the 100-block of North Wabash Avenue and the 100-block of South Dearborn Street.
Chicago police advise CTA passengers to be aware of surroundings, to report suspicious activity immediately and to remain on the scene after an incident when possible.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos