Maywood honors Robert Larson, man who found missing toddler Bryeon Hunter's body
May 21, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- Maywood honored a man who spent a month searching for the body of a little boy he never knew.
On Tuesday, an award was presented to Robert Larson, who took it upon himself to become a one man search team until he found the body of one-year-old Bryeon Hunter.
He discovered the child in the Des Plaines River in North Riverside.
The boy's mother first said he'd been kidnapped, but then admitted she and her boyfriend beat him to death and dumped the body.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 1 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 24 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 54 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 29 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket...
1 min ago