Wisconsin monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
May 23, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thomas Chmura, a monk from Wisconsin, is back on the streets after a Lake County judge agreed to reduce his bond.
Chmura is accused of trying to lure several underage girls in Antioch.
Bond for the 57-year-old was revoked earlier this month when court officials found children present at the Wisconsin abbey where he lived.
A Lake County judge agreed to lower Chmura's bond by $100,000 to $50,000 after he moved in with his father in south suburban Lansing.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 4 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 To Go, December 11, 2013
15 min ago