Wisconsin monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
May 23, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thomas Chmura, a monk from Wisconsin, is back on the streets after a Lake County judge agreed to reduce his bond.
Chmura is accused of trying to lure several underage girls in Antioch.
Bond for the 57-year-old was revoked earlier this month when court officials found children present at the Wisconsin abbey where he lived.
A Lake County judge agreed to lower Chmura's bond by $100,000 to $50,000 after he moved in with his father in south suburban Lansing.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 20 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 26 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 29 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 45 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 56 min ago
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
29 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
20 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
26 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
26 min ago