Wisconsin monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
May 23, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thomas Chmura, a monk from Wisconsin, is back on the streets after a Lake County judge agreed to reduce his bond.
Chmura is accused of trying to lure several underage girls in Antioch.
Bond for the 57-year-old was revoked earlier this month when court officials found children present at the Wisconsin abbey where he lived.
A Lake County judge agreed to lower Chmura's bond by $100,000 to $50,000 after he moved in with his father in south suburban Lansing.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 17 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 41 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos