Wisconsin monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
May 23, 2013 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Thomas Chmura, a monk from Wisconsin, is back on the streets after a Lake County judge agreed to reduce his bond.
Chmura is accused of trying to lure several underage girls in Antioch.
Bond for the 57-year-old was revoked earlier this month when court officials found children present at the Wisconsin abbey where he lived.
A Lake County judge agreed to lower Chmura's bond by $100,000 to $50,000 after he moved in with his father in south suburban Lansing.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 10 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 44 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash 6 min ago
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house 55 min ago
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago 38 min ago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake