Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington | Route 14 closed between Route 59 and Lake Cook Rd.
May 23, 2013 (BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A freight train collided with a semi-truck in north suburban Barrington on Thursday night. The semi-truck then smashed into two other cars.
It happened on the tracks that cross Route 14, which is still closed as of 9 p.m. Thursday between Route 59 and Lake Cook Rd.
Two people were hurt, but not seriously.
The accident also caused some delays for Metra trains that use the tracks.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant