Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington | Route 14 closed between Route 59 and Lake Cook Rd.
May 23, 2013 (BARRINGTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- A freight train collided with a semi-truck in north suburban Barrington on Thursday night. The semi-truck then smashed into two other cars.
It happened on the tracks that cross Route 14, which is still closed as of 9 p.m. Thursday between Route 59 and Lake Cook Rd.
Two people were hurt, but not seriously.
The accident also caused some delays for Metra trains that use the tracks.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 2 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 37 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds