Bryeon Hunter mother pleads not guilty in death of son
May 24, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- A suburban Chicago couple accused in the death of their 1-year-old son has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges.
Cook County prosecutors say Lakesha Baker and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, both of Maywood, entered their pleas Thursday during an arraignment.
The 22-year-old Baker and 21-year-old Scott are accused of killing Bryeon Hunter on April 15 and dumping his body in the Des Plaines River.
A body matching the boy was recovered from the river last week. DNA samples have been taken from Baker and the boy's grandmother to determine the identity of the body. Authorities say the cause and manner of the child's death hasn't been determined.
Baker, who initially claimed her son was kidnapped, is being held without bond. Scott is being held in lieu of $750,000 bond.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship