Zion Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
May 24, 2013 (ZION, Ill.) (WLS) -- Investigators in suburban Zion say a man who was shot to death in a grocery store parking lot may have been set up for robbery.
Police were called to the Aldi food store in Zion Thursday night after getting a 911 call for shots fired in the parking lot.
Officers found the body of a 23-year-old Beach Park man in the front seat of a parked vehicle.
A friend says the victim was waiting in the parking lot to meet someone to buy two cell phones.
So far, police have not released any details about a motive or any arrests in the case.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push 33 min ago
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy 47 min ago
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...