James Ealy murder trial: Guilty verdict reached in 2006 robbery, murder at Lindenhurst Burger King
May 24, 2013 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- James Ealy could face life in prison when he's sentenced for murdering his former manager, Mary Hutchison, at a north suburban Burger King.
Hutchison's family members say they're grateful for the verdict.
"It won't ever bring her back, but at least he won't be able to murder anybody else," said Richard Nothnagel, the victim's son.
"I hope he rots in prison. You never close the book, but you learn to turn the page," said Ken Hutchison, the victim's husband.
A jury found Ealy guilty on Friday. Prosecutors say Ealy stabbed Burger King manager Mary Hutchison with a flat head screwdriver, then used the bowtie she wore as part of her uniform to strangle her on November 27, 2006.
A sentencing date has not yet been set.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos