James Ealy murder trial: Guilty verdict reached in 2006 robbery, murder at Lindenhurst Burger King
May 24, 2013 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- James Ealy could face life in prison when he's sentenced for murdering his former manager, Mary Hutchison, at a north suburban Burger King.
Hutchison's family members say they're grateful for the verdict.
"It won't ever bring her back, but at least he won't be able to murder anybody else," said Richard Nothnagel, the victim's son.
"I hope he rots in prison. You never close the book, but you learn to turn the page," said Ken Hutchison, the victim's husband.
A jury found Ealy guilty on Friday. Prosecutors say Ealy stabbed Burger King manager Mary Hutchison with a flat head screwdriver, then used the bowtie she wore as part of her uniform to strangle her on November 27, 2006.
A sentencing date has not yet been set.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 17 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 20 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 7 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 21 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos