James Ealy murder trial: Guilty verdict reached in 2006 robbery, murder at Lindenhurst Burger King
May 24, 2013 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- James Ealy could face life in prison when he's sentenced for murdering his former manager, Mary Hutchison, at a north suburban Burger King.
Hutchison's family members say they're grateful for the verdict.
"It won't ever bring her back, but at least he won't be able to murder anybody else," said Richard Nothnagel, the victim's son.
"I hope he rots in prison. You never close the book, but you learn to turn the page," said Ken Hutchison, the victim's husband.
A jury found Ealy guilty on Friday. Prosecutors say Ealy stabbed Burger King manager Mary Hutchison with a flat head screwdriver, then used the bowtie she wore as part of her uniform to strangle her on November 27, 2006.
A sentencing date has not yet been set.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD