James Ealy murder trial: Guilty verdict reached in 2006 robbery, murder at Lindenhurst Burger King
May 24, 2013 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- James Ealy could face life in prison when he's sentenced for murdering his former manager, Mary Hutchison, at a north suburban Burger King.
Hutchison's family members say they're grateful for the verdict.
"It won't ever bring her back, but at least he won't be able to murder anybody else," said Richard Nothnagel, the victim's son.
"I hope he rots in prison. You never close the book, but you learn to turn the page," said Ken Hutchison, the victim's husband.
A jury found Ealy guilty on Friday. Prosecutors say Ealy stabbed Burger King manager Mary Hutchison with a flat head screwdriver, then used the bowtie she wore as part of her uniform to strangle her on November 27, 2006.
A sentencing date has not yet been set.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 14 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Vets raise money to build WWII submarine memorial 4 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 42 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos