James Ealy murder trial: Guilty verdict reached in 2006 robbery, murder at Lindenhurst Burger King
May 24, 2013 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- James Ealy could face life in prison when he's sentenced for murdering his former manager, Mary Hutchison, at a north suburban Burger King.
Hutchison's family members say they're grateful for the verdict.
"It won't ever bring her back, but at least he won't be able to murder anybody else," said Richard Nothnagel, the victim's son.
"I hope he rots in prison. You never close the book, but you learn to turn the page," said Ken Hutchison, the victim's husband.
A jury found Ealy guilty on Friday. Prosecutors say Ealy stabbed Burger King manager Mary Hutchison with a flat head screwdriver, then used the bowtie she wore as part of her uniform to strangle her on November 27, 2006.
A sentencing date has not yet been set.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 1 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 16 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 13 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints 15 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos