Austin shooting leaves 17-year-old boy dead
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of two teenagers shot on Chicago's West Side died early Saturday.
The shooting took place just before before 12 a.m. in the 400-block of North Central Avenue in the Austin neighborhood.
Chicago polce police arrived at the scene and found two victims on the sidewalk.
A 17-year-old male was shot in the head and died at the scene. The other victim, an 18-year-old male, was shot in the chest and was in stable condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Chicago police say they are investigating.
There were no arrests later Saturday morning.
The Memorial Day holiday weekend got off to a violent start in other parts of the city, as well. A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and killed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in what police say was a gang-related incident. Also, three people were hurt in a drive-by shooting in that same area.
In Hyde Park, a 29-year-old man was shot fatally. Police said the shooting was gang related.
Lastly, one person was injured in a shooting in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.
local, diane pathieu
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 30 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 31 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 46 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
30 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos