Austin shooting leaves 17-year-old boy dead
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of two teenagers shot on Chicago's West Side died early Saturday.
The shooting took place just before before 12 a.m. in the 400-block of North Central Avenue in the Austin neighborhood.
Chicago polce police arrived at the scene and found two victims on the sidewalk.
A 17-year-old male was shot in the head and died at the scene. The other victim, an 18-year-old male, was shot in the chest and was in stable condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Chicago police say they are investigating.
There were no arrests later Saturday morning.
The Memorial Day holiday weekend got off to a violent start in other parts of the city, as well. A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and killed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in what police say was a gang-related incident. Also, three people were hurt in a drive-by shooting in that same area.
In Hyde Park, a 29-year-old man was shot fatally. Police said the shooting was gang related.
Lastly, one person was injured in a shooting in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.
local, diane pathieu
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout