Austin shooting leaves 17-year-old boy dead
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of two teenagers shot on Chicago's West Side died early Saturday.
The shooting took place just before before 12 a.m. in the 400-block of North Central Avenue in the Austin neighborhood.
Chicago polce police arrived at the scene and found two victims on the sidewalk.
A 17-year-old male was shot in the head and died at the scene. The other victim, an 18-year-old male, was shot in the chest and was in stable condition at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Chicago police say they are investigating.
There were no arrests later Saturday morning.
The Memorial Day holiday weekend got off to a violent start in other parts of the city, as well. A 22-year-old man was shot in the head and killed in the Humboldt Park neighborhood in what police say was a gang-related incident. Also, three people were hurt in a drive-by shooting in that same area.
In Hyde Park, a 29-year-old man was shot fatally. Police said the shooting was gang related.
Lastly, one person was injured in a shooting in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.
local, diane pathieu
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 30 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 23 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 50 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
30 min ago
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
43 min ago