Julio Chavez charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have charged a man with arson following a fire on a luxury boat.
The Chicago Fire Department's Marine Unit was called to Burnham Harbor after a $1.5 million boat caught fire causing major damage.
Julio Chavez, 34, was charged with arson and burglary.
Police say he was found hiding in the boat and no one was hurt in the fire.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos