Friends, family of murder victim Dionta West pray to end the violence
May 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was a march and vigil Saturday night to stop the violence and pray for peace.
Friends and family of Dionta West make a desperate plea for answers during a gathering at 116th and Lowe on the Far South Side.
"No mother should have to bury their child, and I had to bury mine. And it's not right. It's not right. We're standing here as a family come together. We want to know who did this and why?" the victim's mother Andrea West said.
They're urging anyone with information on the shooting that took Dionta West's life to come forward.
In April 2013, West tried to drive away from a gunman who shot at him as he got into his car but he lost control and crashed.
He had been shot twice in the chest and died at a hospital.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 24 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges 31 min ago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake 19 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to student sex assault 22 min ago
- Brutal cold continues; more snow coming 19 min ago
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees 57 min ago
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77
27 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
24 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance,...
31 min ago