Memorial Day weekend violence erupts across city of Chicago
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least 17 people have been shot over the Memorial Day weekend, and six of them died.
The most recent victim was a man shot on the Near North Side just before 3 a.m. Sunday. Chicago police say the 42-year-old victim was shot in the head in the 1000-block of North Branch Street.
Another man died after he was shot in the head in a possible drive-by Saturday night in the 7300-block of South Dorchester.
Among the other victims was Leetema Daniels, 17, who was shot in the head Friday night in the 400-block of North Central Avenue. Another 18-year old man was seriously wounded in the same shooting.
There had been no arrests in that case Sunday.
Quintana Love, 27, was shot in the neck and died Saturday afternoon at a hospital.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 19 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
19 min ago