Memorial Day weekend violence erupts across city of Chicago
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- At least 17 people have been shot over the Memorial Day weekend, and six of them died.
The most recent victim was a man shot on the Near North Side just before 3 a.m. Sunday. Chicago police say the 42-year-old victim was shot in the head in the 1000-block of North Branch Street.
Another man died after he was shot in the head in a possible drive-by Saturday night in the 7300-block of South Dorchester.
Among the other victims was Leetema Daniels, 17, who was shot in the head Friday night in the 400-block of North Central Avenue. Another 18-year old man was seriously wounded in the same shooting.
There had been no arrests in that case Sunday.
Quintana Love, 27, was shot in the neck and died Saturday afternoon at a hospital.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 51 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player 31 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 50 min ago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions 21 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children 3 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks 28 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy 31 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
18 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without...
28 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from...
31 min ago