Portage Theater closing temporarily, report says
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A historic theater is reportedly closing its doors for several months.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the Portage Theater on North Milwaukee in Chicago will shut down Friday.
The ninety-three-year-old theater shows movies and hosts other cultural events.
Owner John Carranza reportedly says it is closing because his application for a liquor license was denied by 45th Ward Ald. John Arena.
According to the report, the theater will stay shuttered until a license can be transferred to a new theater operator.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos