Friends, family remember slain Columbia College student Kevin Ambrose
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Family and friends of Kevin Ambrose gathered Sunday to remember the 19-year-old Columbia College student.
Ambrose was shot and killed earlier in May while waiting for a friend at a Bronzeville CTA station.
Ambrose was a theater major and had just finished his freshman year at Columbia.
His loved ones gathered to celebrate his life in services at the Gary Comer Youth Center in Chicago at 11 a .m. Sunday.
His friends called him an artist and poet during Sunday's celebration at the Gary Comer Youth Center. Those in attendance honored his 7056-days of life through music and dance.
Jerome Brown was charged with first degree murder in connection with Ambrose's death. Brown, 26, is being held without bond.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 25 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
25 min ago