Man shot and killed after car accident in Goose Island
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A car accident in the Goose Island neighborhood resulted in gunfire leaving one person dead and another hospitalized.
It happened early Sunday morning along the 1000-block of North Branch Street.
Charles Jones, from Miami, Florida, got out of his car after the accident to exchange information when the other driver shot him and Jones' female passenger, according to police.
Jones was pronounced dead at the hospital and the passenger remains in stable condition.
Police are searching for the gunman.
Jones is the owner of "The Factory" a gentlemen's club on the South Side.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 6 min ago
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached 33 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Carla Hall from 'The Chew'
30 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos