Man shot and killed after car accident in Goose Island
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A car accident in the Goose Island neighborhood resulted in gunfire leaving one person dead and another hospitalized.
It happened early Sunday morning along the 1000-block of North Branch Street.
Charles Jones, from Miami, Florida, got out of his car after the accident to exchange information when the other driver shot him and Jones' female passenger, according to police.
Jones was pronounced dead at the hospital and the passenger remains in stable condition.
Police are searching for the gunman.
Jones is the owner of "The Factory" a gentlemen's club on the South Side.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 59 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 57 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 47 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 29 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
57 min ago