Man shot and killed after car accident in Goose Island
May 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A car accident in the Goose Island neighborhood resulted in gunfire leaving one person dead and another hospitalized.
It happened early Sunday morning along the 1000-block of North Branch Street.
Charles Jones, from Miami, Florida, got out of his car after the accident to exchange information when the other driver shot him and Jones' female passenger, according to police.
Jones was pronounced dead at the hospital and the passenger remains in stable condition.
Police are searching for the gunman.
Jones is the owner of "The Factory" a gentlemen's club on the South Side.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 1 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 58 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 37 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 37 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 13 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
1 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
45 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos