Rabbi charged in 2006 sex assault of 15-year-old boy
May 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A rabbi from Chicago is accused of molesting a teenage boy. Prosecutors say that attack happened in 2006.
Larry Dudovitz, 45, of West Rogers Park, was arrested on Saturday. He is charged with one count of criminal sexual assault.
Court records show Dudovitz is accused of trying to assault a 15-year-old boy while he was sleeping in his home in October of 2006. At a hearing over the weekend, a judge grilled the prosecutor for the 6-year delay in filing a charge.
Prosecutors say the family of the victim was unsure about whether they wanted to proceed with criminal charges.
Dudovitz is held on $100,000.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates