Cab hits, kills man crossing street near Midway
May 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The pedestrian who was struck and killed by a taxi early Tuesday morning in the 5200-block of South Cicero has been identified as Janusz Kamienski, 56, of Oklahoma. The Cook County Medical Examiner says Kamienski died of multiple blunt force injuries after being struck by a motor vehicle.
The accident happened shortly before 12 a.m. Tuesday on Cicero Avenue just south of Archer.
Chicago police say Kamineski was crossing the street but not at a crosswalk, and it was raining heavily at the time. However, there was no official word on if the weather played a role in the accident, which occurred near a busy intersection close to a bus stop.
Chicago police say the taxi driver was issued two citations: one for striking a pedestrian in the roadway and another for driving too fast for conditions.
local, jason knowles
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 6 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 2 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 48 min ago
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling 26 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
6 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
2 min ago