Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast neighbor to Sox Park
May 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bridgeport is known for its many mayors, its history and the Chicago White Sox. And now a bed and breakfast combines the three.
Above the Polo Nuts & Candy and Café, there's the Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast.
"This is a three bedroom suite that allows up to six people to stay overnight after maybe a Sox game or maybe being in town for another event," Dave Samber, owner, Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast, said.
It's a third floor walkout, so you better be in major league shape. But once you get up there the old photos make it all worthwhile.
"There's all kinds of memorabilia that people have brought me. We've got pictures and shirts and even some bases behind me you see in the cabinet," Samber said.
There aren't any Sox tickets with the deal, but there is a nice place to sleep.
"This is the master suite bedroom of the Sox Suite. And it has a king-size, black leather, platform bed that's in an alcove," Samber said. An alcove surrounded by a field of corn.
"The corn is part of the motif of cornfields of Dyersville Field of Dreams where that wonderful movie was shot," Samber said. So he built it. "And they will come ... And they have come and they will keep coming as long as the Sox are here in Bridgeport."
It's $300 a night with breakfast. Do Cubs fans pay double?
Bridgeport Bed and Breakfast
3322 S. Morgan Chicago, IL 60608
local, frank mathie
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 13 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault 12 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member 44 min ago
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence 42 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
13 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
12 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
5 min ago