Patrick Sykes, 15, shot and killed on South Side
May 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Several people are being questioned in connection with the shooting death of a 15-year-old boy on Chicago's South Side.
Patrick Sykes was shot and killed Thursday afternoon near the1800-block of West 85th Street, according to police. Sykes moved to California six months ago to escape the violence and he returned to Chicago for his summer break, his grandmother told ABC7 News.
Sykes' father was reportedly killed two years ago about two blocks from Thursday's shooting and his murder remains unsolved.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 44 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club 41 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot