Patrick Sykes, 15, shot and killed on South Side
May 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Several people are being questioned in connection with the shooting death of a 15-year-old boy on Chicago's South Side.
Patrick Sykes was shot and killed Thursday afternoon near the1800-block of West 85th Street, according to police. Sykes moved to California six months ago to escape the violence and he returned to Chicago for his summer break, his grandmother told ABC7 News.
Sykes' father was reportedly killed two years ago about two blocks from Thursday's shooting and his murder remains unsolved.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout