Jeff Mundt acquitted of 2009 Louisville, KY murder
May 30, 2013 (LOUISVILLE, KY) (WLS) -- The former head of Northwestern University's IT has been acquitted of murder in a Kentucky courtroom.
Jeff Mundt admitted to dismembering and burying a drug and sex partner in his Louisville basement back in December 2009.
He and his roommate, Joey Banis, blamed each other for the actual killing.
Banis was convicted of murder earlier in 2013.
A jury did convict Mundt of tampering with evidence and facilitating theft and that could result in a 10-year sentence.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
16 min ago