Bond set for CeaseFire head Tio Hardiman in domestic battery charge
June 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- CeaseFire director Tio Hardiman was released from jail after posting bond on a domestic battery charge.
ABC7 caught up with Hardiman as he was leaving the jail following an afternoon court appearance. He was represented by a public defender.
Hardiman was arrested Friday after an argument with his wife allegedly turned physical at the couple's hillside home.
"I am Mr. Ceasefire and I got caught up in a situation and I am not here to point fingers and blame nobody," Hardiman said. "The verdict is still out. I can't really speak about the case. Things happen for a reason and liberation comes in many forms."
Hardiman was released on a $20,000 bail.
CeaseFire says it will take action against Hardiman based on a complete understanding of the facts in the case.
local, evelyn holmes
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos