Bond set for CeaseFire head Tio Hardiman in domestic battery charge
June 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- CeaseFire director Tio Hardiman was released from jail after posting bond on a domestic battery charge.
ABC7 caught up with Hardiman as he was leaving the jail following an afternoon court appearance. He was represented by a public defender.
Hardiman was arrested Friday after an argument with his wife allegedly turned physical at the couple's hillside home.
"I am Mr. Ceasefire and I got caught up in a situation and I am not here to point fingers and blame nobody," Hardiman said. "The verdict is still out. I can't really speak about the case. Things happen for a reason and liberation comes in many forms."
Hardiman was released on a $20,000 bail.
CeaseFire says it will take action against Hardiman based on a complete understanding of the facts in the case.
local, evelyn holmes
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 11 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 39 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 4 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
39 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
4 min ago