Jennie Dizon funeral held after lightning strike
June 4, 2013 (WOODRIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A funeral service was held Tuesday for a teenager who died last week in a lightning strike.
The funeral for 17-year-old Jennie Dizon was held in Woodridge. The Downers Grove girl was at a park last Thursday when she was struck.
Dizon would have graduated this past weekend from Benet Academy in Lisle. Sunday would have been graduation day for Dizon. Her parents accepted her diploma at the ceremony.
Several of her classmates wore ribbons in her honor and some wrote her name on their caps.
"She was just awesome and I'm sad she's not here," said Louisa Pavlik at the graduation.
Dizon was in O'Brien Park when she was killed late in the afternoon. An autopsy confirmed she died of electrocution by lightning strike.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos