Jennie Dizon funeral held after lightning strike
June 4, 2013 (WOODRIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- A funeral service was held Tuesday for a teenager who died last week in a lightning strike.
The funeral for 17-year-old Jennie Dizon was held in Woodridge. The Downers Grove girl was at a park last Thursday when she was struck.
Dizon would have graduated this past weekend from Benet Academy in Lisle. Sunday would have been graduation day for Dizon. Her parents accepted her diploma at the ceremony.
Several of her classmates wore ribbons in her honor and some wrote her name on their caps.
"She was just awesome and I'm sad she's not here," said Louisa Pavlik at the graduation.
Dizon was in O'Brien Park when she was killed late in the afternoon. An autopsy confirmed she died of electrocution by lightning strike.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies after Bellwood shooting 14 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Decorating Pies
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos