9-year-old boy shot while riding in car near 67th and Evans
June 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 9-year-old boy was hit by gunfire while riding in a car in the Woodlawn neighborhood.
The shooting took place near 67th and Evans on Wednesday night.
The boy's mother drove him to Comer Children's Hospital, where he is being treated. A relative said he may have been shot in the chest, but is expected to survive.
local, eric horng
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus