9-year-old boy shot while riding in car near 67th and Evans
June 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 9-year-old boy was hit by gunfire while riding in a car in the Woodlawn neighborhood.
The shooting took place near 67th and Evans on Wednesday night.
The boy's mother drove him to Comer Children's Hospital, where he is being treated. A relative said he may have been shot in the chest, but is expected to survive.
local, eric horng
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand