Autopsy shows Downers Grove dad shot himself
June 13, 2013 (DOWNERS GROVE, Ill.) (WLS) -- DuPage County authorities have identified the four people found dead inside a home in unincorporated Downers Grove in an apparent murder-suicide. One person was able to get out of the house unharmed.
Jeana Andrus, 48, Jessica Andrus, 22, Jennifer Andrus, 16, and David Andrus, 50, died from apparent gunshot wounds, and all were family members.
An autopsy shows the father, David Andrus, died after shooting himself. His wife Jenna and two daughters Jessica and Jennifer were each shot in the face.
A source tells the Daily Herald that he stood outside of his younger daughter's bedroom and repeatedly told her to open the door. He then shot her in the face before killing himself.
According to the Daily Herald, he may have been upset about losing his job.
Meanwhile, DuPage County investigators could not confirm exactly what happened inside the home in the 500-block of Oldfield around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police responded Tuesday to a disturbance at a home and found four people dead inside.
For several hours Tuesday, dozens of heavily armed police officers, many in full SWAT gear, took over the block.
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 41 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5 28 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913