77 new US citizens take oath in Chicago during Flag Day ceremony
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Seventy-seven new U.S. citizens received a musical welcome to America in downtown Chicago.
Performers were part of a Flag Day celebration at Daley Plaza organized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
At the event the new citizens, representing 34 countries, took their oath of allegiance.
The U.S. CIS says more than 3,600 naturalization candidates will become citizens- during 69 special Flag Day ceremonies nationwide.
The holiday is officially observed on June 14.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 1 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 2 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 56 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 57 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home