77 new US citizens take oath in Chicago during Flag Day ceremony
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Seventy-seven new U.S. citizens received a musical welcome to America in downtown Chicago.
Performers were part of a Flag Day celebration at Daley Plaza organized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
At the event the new citizens, representing 34 countries, took their oath of allegiance.
The U.S. CIS says more than 3,600 naturalization candidates will become citizens- during 69 special Flag Day ceremonies nationwide.
The holiday is officially observed on June 14.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 1 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 54 min ago
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash 5 min ago
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery 23 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 29 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- 7 in 77
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
1 min ago