Blackhawks fans buzzing after Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals win over Bruins
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is buzzing over the stunning come-from-behind win in Wednesday night's Stanley Cup Finals game.
View photos from Stanley Cup Finals Game 1
The Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 in the third overtime of Game 1 at the United Center. After a game that was essentially two, the following morning featured its share of tired fans.
The day after a stormy night, the captain's jersey was mounted on the last Chicago dynasty's main man.
And hockey fans throughout the region marveled at what happened in triple overtime on Wednesday night.
Even the young women practicing for their "Wizard of Ice" skating show in Bensenville were inspired by the Hawks to do their best- including the hockey player skating as the Cowardly Lion.
And back on the rink tired parents and their charges who stayed up way past their bedtimes are grateful for the Hawks success.
Fans are now gearing up for Game 2 against the Bruins on Saturday night, also at the United Center.
local, ravi baichwal
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap