Blackhawks fans buzzing after Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals win over Bruins
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is buzzing over the stunning come-from-behind win in Wednesday night's Stanley Cup Finals game.
View photos from Stanley Cup Finals Game 1
The Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 in the third overtime of Game 1 at the United Center. After a game that was essentially two, the following morning featured its share of tired fans.
The day after a stormy night, the captain's jersey was mounted on the last Chicago dynasty's main man.
And hockey fans throughout the region marveled at what happened in triple overtime on Wednesday night.
Even the young women practicing for their "Wizard of Ice" skating show in Bensenville were inspired by the Hawks to do their best- including the hockey player skating as the Cowardly Lion.
And back on the rink tired parents and their charges who stayed up way past their bedtimes are grateful for the Hawks success.
Fans are now gearing up for Game 2 against the Bruins on Saturday night, also at the United Center.
local, ravi baichwal
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake