Blackhawks fans buzzing after Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals win over Bruins
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is buzzing over the stunning come-from-behind win in Wednesday night's Stanley Cup Finals game.
View photos from Stanley Cup Finals Game 1
The Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 in the third overtime of Game 1 at the United Center. After a game that was essentially two, the following morning featured its share of tired fans.
The day after a stormy night, the captain's jersey was mounted on the last Chicago dynasty's main man.
And hockey fans throughout the region marveled at what happened in triple overtime on Wednesday night.
Even the young women practicing for their "Wizard of Ice" skating show in Bensenville were inspired by the Hawks to do their best- including the hockey player skating as the Cowardly Lion.
And back on the rink tired parents and their charges who stayed up way past their bedtimes are grateful for the Hawks success.
Fans are now gearing up for Game 2 against the Bruins on Saturday night, also at the United Center.
local, ravi baichwal
- Bitter cold expected to last through weekend 54 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- Weekender Saturday Edition 12-7-13
40 min ago
- Let's Dish: Chocolate Crepes
23 min ago
- Bitter cold expected to last through weekend
54 min ago