Blackhawks fans buzzing after Game 1 Stanley Cup Finals win over Bruins
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is buzzing over the stunning come-from-behind win in Wednesday night's Stanley Cup Finals game.
View photos from Stanley Cup Finals Game 1
The Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 in the third overtime of Game 1 at the United Center. After a game that was essentially two, the following morning featured its share of tired fans.
The day after a stormy night, the captain's jersey was mounted on the last Chicago dynasty's main man.
And hockey fans throughout the region marveled at what happened in triple overtime on Wednesday night.
Even the young women practicing for their "Wizard of Ice" skating show in Bensenville were inspired by the Hawks to do their best- including the hockey player skating as the Cowardly Lion.
And back on the rink tired parents and their charges who stayed up way past their bedtimes are grateful for the Hawks success.
Fans are now gearing up for Game 2 against the Bruins on Saturday night, also at the United Center.
local, ravi baichwal
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 48 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77