Allstate Insurance to close Woodridge call center
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of employees at Allstate Insurance will be laid off when the company closes a call center in Woodbridge.
"Allstate regularly reviews the way we do business to ensure that we are operating as effectively and efficiently as possible while maintaining outstanding levels of customer and agency support. Recent changes have resulted in lower call volumes to our call centers, so the difficult decision was made to close the Woodridge Call Center effective August 11, 2013," Allstate said through a statement to ABC 7 Chicago.
Several Allstate call center employees told ABC7 they received notifications on Thursday- and were told to expect severance packages.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 18 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 17 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
18 min ago