Allstate Insurance to close Woodridge call center
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of employees at Allstate Insurance will be laid off when the company closes a call center in Woodbridge.
"Allstate regularly reviews the way we do business to ensure that we are operating as effectively and efficiently as possible while maintaining outstanding levels of customer and agency support. Recent changes have resulted in lower call volumes to our call centers, so the difficult decision was made to close the Woodridge Call Center effective August 11, 2013," Allstate said through a statement to ABC 7 Chicago.
Several Allstate call center employees told ABC7 they received notifications on Thursday- and were told to expect severance packages.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 35 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side 29 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case