National Weather Service confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in Northern Illinois
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The National Weather Service now confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in northern Illinois during Wednesday night's powerful storms.
An EF-1 tornado hit south of Shabbona in Dekalb County. It knocked down many trees.
The second one, an EF-0, was briefly on the ground northwest of Manteno in Kankakee County.
Wind speeds were clocked at 85 miles per hour. A horse barn was leveled and one animal was killed. No people were hurt.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos