National Weather Service confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in Northern Illinois
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The National Weather Service now confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in northern Illinois during Wednesday night's powerful storms.
An EF-1 tornado hit south of Shabbona in Dekalb County. It knocked down many trees.
The second one, an EF-0, was briefly on the ground northwest of Manteno in Kankakee County.
Wind speeds were clocked at 85 miles per hour. A horse barn was leveled and one animal was killed. No people were hurt.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas