National Weather Service confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in Northern Illinois
June 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The National Weather Service now confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in northern Illinois during Wednesday night's powerful storms.
An EF-1 tornado hit south of Shabbona in Dekalb County. It knocked down many trees.
The second one, an EF-0, was briefly on the ground northwest of Manteno in Kankakee County.
Wind speeds were clocked at 85 miles per hour. A horse barn was leveled and one animal was killed. No people were hurt.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...