Metra SouthWest Service trains back on schedule after freight derailment
June 14, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Trains on Metra's SouthWest Service Line should run on schedule Friday morning.
The SouthWest Service between Chicago and suburban Orland Park and Manhattan had major delays during the Thursday evening rush hour after a Norfolk Southern freight train derailed just before noon Thursday on tracks that cross with Metra's SouthWest Line near 41st and Princeton.
Metra's evening rush was plagued with lengthy delays that continued through the night. For updates on the SouthWest Service Metra Line, riders can visit: http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/sws/map.html
For the latest Metra alerts, riders can visit: metrarail.com/metra/wap/en/home/service.html
metra news, local
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 34 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin 28 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 13 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 35 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos