Plano has starring role in Superman film ''Man of Steel''
June 14, 2013 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Plano, Ill. has a starring role in the Superman film ''Man of Steel.''
Plano, which is about 50 miles west of Chicago, is the setting for Smallville, Clark Kent's hometown.
On Wednesday night, a special screening of the film was held for Plano extras and production staff in nearby Sandwich. Residents received star treatment as they walked the red carpet. . . And the fun is not over yet. A "Smallville Superfest" will be held in Plano in August.
"'Man of Steel" opened nationwide Friday following a few midnight screenings in select theaters.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 39 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 53 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 48 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 21 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos