Plano has starring role in Superman film ''Man of Steel''
June 14, 2013 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Plano, Ill. has a starring role in the Superman film ''Man of Steel.''
Plano, which is about 50 miles west of Chicago, is the setting for Smallville, Clark Kent's hometown.
On Wednesday night, a special screening of the film was held for Plano extras and production staff in nearby Sandwich. Residents received star treatment as they walked the red carpet. . . And the fun is not over yet. A "Smallville Superfest" will be held in Plano in August.
"'Man of Steel" opened nationwide Friday following a few midnight screenings in select theaters.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 38 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 35 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand