Plano has starring role in Superman film ''Man of Steel''
June 14, 2013 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Plano, Ill. has a starring role in the Superman film ''Man of Steel.''
Plano, which is about 50 miles west of Chicago, is the setting for Smallville, Clark Kent's hometown.
On Wednesday night, a special screening of the film was held for Plano extras and production staff in nearby Sandwich. Residents received star treatment as they walked the red carpet. . . And the fun is not over yet. A "Smallville Superfest" will be held in Plano in August.
"'Man of Steel" opened nationwide Friday following a few midnight screenings in select theaters.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation