Vigil held for autistic teen stabbed to death
June 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A candlelight vigil was held tonight for an autistic teenager who was stabbed to death.
Fourteen-year-old Alex Spourdalakis was found dead in his River Grove apartment last week. His mother and godmother found unconscious next to him.
Prosecutors say Dorothy Spourdalakis killed her son before both women tried to commit suicide.
A letter found at the scene said she wanted to end her son's suffering from severe autism.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field 41 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault 46 min ago
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
18 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier...
41 min ago
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
8 min ago