Suburban firefighters held on sexual abuse charges
June 16, 2013 (MERRIONETTE PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two suburban firefighters facing sexual abuse charges were held on bond over the weekend.
The Merrionette Park firefighters are accused of trying to rape a woman who passed out at a party.
The accused firefighters were in bond court Sunday morning. Both Chicago residents are 24-year-old Marvin Buhle and 20-year-old Michael Haas.
According to what was stated in court, both firefighters were at a party in Mt. Greenwood Friday night where a girl and her boyfriend were also visiting. During this party, the girl who apparently had too much to drink was taken to an upstairs bedroom by her boyfriend to lie down.
According to the state's attorney, sometime later, after both Buhle and Haas had stated they were leaving the party, the boyfriend went to check up on his girlfriend.
Court records state that what he found was Haas standing in front of the closed bedroom and inside Buhle, attempting to rape his unconscious girlfriend.
Neighbors Sunday said they heard police arrive around 1:30 in the morning, though they did not, at the time, know the reason.
Both firefighters are now charged with criminal sexual abuse and attempted criminal sexual assault. Though in court their attorney denied the allegations, and insisted the encounter was consensual.
Those who know them insist both are good guys, with several family members in the Chicago Fire Department.
local, michelle gallardo
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 43 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Charles "Peanut" Tillman 5k Walk/ Run
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD