Walmart jobs to be available at new store in Chicago Pullman area
June 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Walmart will hire approximately 400 employees to work at the new Pullman Walmart slated to open this fall in Chicago, according to a company news release.
The release indicated the store, which will be located at10900 S. Doty Ave., is seeking both full-time and part-time associates.
As part of its Veterans Welcome Home Commitment, Walmart says it will offer a job to any qualified veteran who has been honorably discharged within the past 12 months. The company says veterans must be within 12 months of active duty and meet Walmart's standard hiring criteria. Interested veterans can visit walmartcareerswithamission.com/ for more information.
Other interested in applying for a job can do so at an existing Walmart store or online at careers.walmart.com.
"Walmart provides a benefits program to eligible full- and part-time associates. For example, it provides a variety of affordable health and well-being benefits including health-care coverage with no lifetime maximum. Walmart also offers eligible associates matching 401(k) contributions of up to 6 percent of pay, discounts on general merchandise, an Associate Stock Purchase Program and company-paid life insurance. Additionally, eligible associates receive a quarterly incentive based on store performance," the release said.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 31 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas