UofC student Austin Hudson-LaPore missing 6 days
June 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Friends and family of a missing University of Chicago student are stepping up search efforts.
A new search Tuesday for a missing University of Chicago student brings new clues. A search dog was brought in to help look for 20-year-old Austin Hudson LaPore. The search dog apparently picked up on the young man's scent and pulled its handler directly to the shore line at Promontory Point.
Hudson-LaPore was last seen after his final exams nearly one week ago. On Monday, the family looked at some surveillance video near the route Hudson-LaPore may have taken, but there was no sign of the missing student.
A roommate says Hudson-LaPore left his Hyde Park apartment in the 5300-block of South Kimbark between 8:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Wednesday night and took keys, but left behind his cell phone and wallet with his ID.
His father believes his son may have walked to the lakefront to watch Wednesday's storm roll in, because the third-year biochemistry student was fascinated by the weather.
They have released a video on the websites, and are asking anyone with information to come forward.
Hudson-LaPore is described as 5'7" and weighing 110 pounds. He has dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and was last seen wearing black gym shoes and blue jeans.
On Tuesday, a search dog will be used in hopes of picking up the missing student's scent from his clothes.
Organizers hope it will lead to clues.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney