Union protests Jason's Deli in Loop over fired employee
June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters descend on Jason's Deli in the Loop on Thursday to protest the firing of a worker.
Shakita Moore worked at the restaurant for three months.
Moore claims she was fired after complaining to management about sexual harassment and racial slurs she endured on the job.
Her fellow union members held this protest to show her support, and they're urging Jason's Deli to put her back to work.
Jason's Deli released a statement saying it is a family-owned business that treats all of its employees with respect and dignity, and the company stands by its decision to terminate Moore.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 56 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 22 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 28 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 2 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 33 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
36 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
56 min ago