Union protests Jason's Deli in Loop over fired employee
June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters descend on Jason's Deli in the Loop on Thursday to protest the firing of a worker.
Shakita Moore worked at the restaurant for three months.
Moore claims she was fired after complaining to management about sexual harassment and racial slurs she endured on the job.
Her fellow union members held this protest to show her support, and they're urging Jason's Deli to put her back to work.
Jason's Deli released a statement saying it is a family-owned business that treats all of its employees with respect and dignity, and the company stands by its decision to terminate Moore.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 55 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 43 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 49 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 28 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
55 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
43 min ago