Union protests Jason's Deli in Loop over fired employee
June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Protesters descend on Jason's Deli in the Loop on Thursday to protest the firing of a worker.
Shakita Moore worked at the restaurant for three months.
Moore claims she was fired after complaining to management about sexual harassment and racial slurs she endured on the job.
Her fellow union members held this protest to show her support, and they're urging Jason's Deli to put her back to work.
Jason's Deli released a statement saying it is a family-owned business that treats all of its employees with respect and dignity, and the company stands by its decision to terminate Moore.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting 21 min ago
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home