Blackhawks fans feeling the pressure going into Game 5
June 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Jim Jacob is hoping his daughter's good luck will rub off on his son's baseball game. This Homer Glen dad of three says his middle child is his good luck charm, especially when it comes to Blackhawk games. Kirsten has been to 23 games in her life, and the Hawks have won every time.
"She has the option of going Saturday, she is shooting dad down," said Jim Jacob, Blackhawks fan.
"I'm going to go to the Bandits game instead, why? I'm going to save my luck for game 7," said Kirsten Jacob, Jim's daughter.
"She doesn't have a choice, I don't think the fans would be happy if she missed game 7," said Jim Jacob.
But first, the Hawks have to get through Game 5 at the United Center, where ticket prices on average are higher in the resale market than some seats at Thursday night's NBA Finals Game 7.
The Chicago based online company Vividseats says there are plenty of Stanley Cup tickets available, as long as you are willing to pay.
"To get in standing room only about $300, $600 upper level and $1500 for lower level," said Eric Vassilatos, owner, Vividseats.
And for Game 7, the market place is showing $750 to get in the door. For the best seats the sky is the limit.
Hawks fan Dave Thomas wishes he could go, but he may need his doctors approval. Thomas was released from the hospital Thursday after suffering a mild heart attack while watching Game 3 from home on Monday night.
"Those overtime games are tough, they get me going that is for sure," said Thomas.
Game Five of the Stanley Cup Finals is at United Center Saturday night at 7 p.m. CT.
local, sarah schulte
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 1 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 36 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released 53 min ago
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 6 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 30 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
1 min ago