Cutting-edge robot 'Little Joe' fights germs at Loyola University Health System
June 20, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC7 has an exclusive look at cutting- edge technology to fight germs at Loyola University Health System.
This sleek-looking robot nicknamed Little Joe is on a mission to destroy harmful bacteria, viruses, fungi and bacterial spores, all of which can make patients very sick. Little Joe has a rotating telescopic head that emits ultraviolet rays in closed, unoccupied rooms.
A similar robot is doing the same work at Gottleib Memorial Hospital.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 42 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner 39 min ago
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow 46 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery 8 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 14 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- 7 in 77
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
42 min ago